Sunday, January 21, 2007

Favorite Place

Our class, labeled to be the nosiest on the senior floor, was doing more noise pollution the other day in English class. Our topic was colloquial words. But somehow it got shifted to what our favorite places are.

It was kinda interesting in an eye-opening way [?]. Rooftop building, balcony, kitchen, chair in front of computer, home countries, cometary, friend's house, toilet, markets and so on. Those were some of my friends' "favorite places".

I didn't get a chance to tell mine.

Okay, I take that back. I didn't want to tell mine at all. I dunno. I guess I just wanted to keep it to myself.. or maybe, I'm just too much of a coward to admit mine. Yeah, lame. I know.

While listening to my classmates go on and on about their favorite places, I could only think of one possible favorite place: a book. Or anything with a pencil or paper, for that matter.

Yes. A book. Gah, I'm such a geek. Whatever. When I read, everything cease to exist. It is just me, the book or a pencil as well, and maybe my shuffle-mode mp3 player or whatever, but I don't actually hear it since I'd be too absorbed. When you're reading, you could sit down at one o'clock and not look up again until five, and not even have any idea that time has passed by until someone mentions it, because you've been so caught up in what you're reading.

One of my close friends noticed I wasn't telling mine. She just went, "Oh, I know yours! It's those books!"

The thing is our English teacher said that her favorite place is a book too. She told us that's why she choose to be an English teacher. That creeps me out a bit. I mean, does that mean I'd be an English teacher too?

Gah. No freaking way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home